Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Salutations, fellow nerds and nerd fans.

I guess for now I'll be known as "Number Two." I stumbled upon (no endorsement intended) this gem and asked to contribute, and the gods of cyberspace sprinkled some pixie dust to make it so. Be prepared for a reiteration of the content in the side window.

A short, SHORT little bio.

I work with the original USMC Nerd. To a degree. That's, well, all you really need to know.

Originally thought to have originated at the tip of William Shakespeare's pen, the term "nerd" has come to encompass any knowledgeable expert in a given field requiring an intellectual approach with a slight sacrifice in athletic ability (in most cases).

Since we're required to PT daily (by order, despite whether it's enforced) I don't see the latter being very accurate. And despite our reputation as meatheads, jarheads, etc., some of us have a half a brain or more.

And it's not limited to gaming, music, film, or other forms of enjoyment. You can be a sports nerd, a political nerd (God forbid), a trekkie (God forbid forbid forbid, I kid, really), or one of those techies that hang around backstage at local theatre productions. Regardless, I hope to bring a little bit of everything to the table, including from time to time maybe a week's soundtrack or a link parade of some slices of happiness I come across here on the intarweb.

Example:

Mississippians "don't read good."

A bit of reading for your traumatic pleasure.

I've never actually played D&D, per se, but this was easily one of the funniest damn things I've seen in a while.

A movie review (some links NSFW)

Look for the first post by "andrew" and "tysonlowery".

I'll be adding some movie reviews, movie recalls, song assessments, etc. Maybe even a boring-ass op-ed to make you feel pretentious. But chances are, if you're here reading this, I don't really have to do much to nurture that.

Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment